English 10 Honors: American Literature » Anne Bradstreet and Phillis Wheatley|
||Anne Bradstreet and Phillis Wheatley
Two colonial neoclassical poets
To retrieve the packet, click on the link below:
Students will demonstrate their understanding of how:
· to read critically as a process in explicating a poem;
· historical and cultural context can reveal an author’s purpose;
· historical and cultural context impacts a text;
· authors create mood and tone through figurative language, diction and syntax;
· authors choose words carefully for their connotative meaning;
· authors express arguments through their texts;
· motifs develop themes;
· authors appeal to ethos, their credibility.
The Bradstreet / Wheatley Packet
(PDF 37 KB)
NEED HELP DOWNLOADING:
The packet includes the poems, biographies, and analytical questions designed to help you ascertain the purpose and meaning of the poems.
||pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 7 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.