English 10 Honors: American Literature » An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge by Ambrose Bierce|
||An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge by Ambrose Bierce
Bierce employs powerful imagery, foreshadowing. characterization and arrangement to create suspense.
Please click on the links below for the related files.
Students will demonstrate their understanding of:
- how authors develop suspense through arrangement, foreshadowing, allusion, rising action, and the manipulation of readers’ perceptions of the protagonist;
- how readers can discern an author’s point of view by examining motifs: diction, imagery and plot elements;
- how authors can manipulate time;
- how authors can use imagery along with plot elements as means of foreshadowing;
- why archaic word connotations should not be overlooked;
- how to identify key words in writing prompts.
NEED HELP DOWNLOADING:
||pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 7 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.